Sunday, February 27, 2011

Even My Grapes have Stretch Marks

U.S.S. Shipwreck
1200-1600

I have been trying to get into shape. It is more of an experiment than vanity. It requires that I diet and exercise throughout the week. Yes, that is my program. Diet and exercise; no fancy pills or fat freezes.

Eating healthy, as you may know, can be super expensive. Ideally, one would go to farmer's market and the co-op to obtain their healthy snacks. I cannot afford such things though. I buy my goods at the plain old, commercially farmed food stores. Yes, I assume that I am implanting seeds of cancer each time I consume a piece of produce from these places. I try not to think about the embedded chemicals and, instead, focus on the delicious vitamins and nutrients underneath the death toxins.

The other day at work, I noticed a grape that was forced, presumably, by said chemicals, to grow at such a rate, that its internal girth seemed to out-mass its own skin capacity. So, like a human being whose skin could no longer keep up with the quantity of lard-o-licious treats put inside of it, forcing the skin to stretch and break, my grape has also suffered this tragic side effect:


Now, you may be dying to know: Did I eat this grotesque grape? Indeed, I did. The starvation feeling brought on by a strict diet can make one eat just about anything.

1 comment:

Phoenix654 said...

Diet and exercise?! Where do you find such radical notions of health and fitness? Don't we have machines yet to pump out fat and pump in muscle? Stupid future...

Anyway, you don't strike me as being out of shape, just a personal remark. Also, most "organic foods" don't pass the simple taste test for quality, plus they don't use targeted pesticides or fertilizers. But if you feel like having food farmed the same way our ancestors had it, be my guest; More future apples for me.